Senior Application Engineer for Center of Expertise – Nuclear
Information about the position
Place of work: Bratislava
Start date: 01.10.2012/Upon agreement
Contract type: full-time
Job description, responsibilities and duties
For a newly established Center of Expertise – Nuclear based in Bratislava we are looking for talented professionals for the position of
SENIOR APPLICATION ENGINEER
On this position, you will work in a highly specialized global team with the focus on the projects for Nuclear power plants. Your job responsibilities will include the following:
• Providing consultation to prospective users;
• Interpreting customer technical specifications and generating strategies for implementation in production;
• Assisting customer in defining detailed application, system, and hardware requirements;
• Working from process and instrumentation drawings to design of applications and control strategies;
• Developing software and system configurations;
• Assisting with on-site engineering, start-up and application commissioning;
• Participating in customer acceptance tests;
• Preparing test, product and project documentation;
• Leading various project activities and teams if required.
• Challenging work in a multinational environment;
• Professional development and trainings;
• Social benefits.
Requirements for the employee
University education (Bachelor's degree)
University education (Master's degree)
, electrotechnical, engineering, IT
English - advanced
Personality requirements and skills
• Technical Engineering Degree;
• Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in Industrial Automation, Power Plant Operation, Process Control, IT or Electrical Engineering;
• Knowledge of Functional Safety Engineering, Safety Instrumented Systems, TUV certificate is an advantage;
• Previous experience with Boiler Applications and Controls, SAMA and Boolean logic diagrams, knowledge of I&C is considered as a plus;
• Good knowledge of PLC and DCS systems;
• Knowledge of Database handling and documentation tools;
• Fluent English;
• Willingness and flexibility to travel;
• Very good communication skills, team spirit and good time management.
Brief description of the company
Invensys, part of Schneider Electric group since 2014, is a global technology leader in process automation and software solutions offering safety, critical and distributed control systems, measurement & instrumentation products, visualization and simulation software solutions. The marketplace knows us from our premier brands - Avantis, Eurotherm, Foxboro, Simsci-Esscor, Triconex and Wonderware.
Engineering Excellence Center has been established in Bratislava in 2008. Since that time the center has been successfully executing engineering projects for well-known global customers in petrochemical, chemical, pharmaceutical and power industry.
Main focus of the company's activities
Invensys Systems (Slovakia) s.r.o. Rožňavská 24 821 04 Bratislava Slovakia www.invensys.com