Project application engineer-specialist (PLC, DCS)
Job description, responsibilities and duties
Engineering Excellence Center in Bratislava, Slovakia is looking for motivated engineers who wish to succeed on the position of Project Application Engineer in a highly specialized team of professionals with the focus on the projects in process automation.
• Provide consultation to prospective users;
• Interpret customer technical specifications and generate strategies for implementation in production;
• Assist customer in defining detailed application, system, and hardware requirements;
• Work from process and instrumentation drawings to design applications and control strategies;
• Develop software and system configuration, control application, human machine interface or safety control application;
• Assist with on-site engineering, start-up and application commissioning;
• Participate in customer acceptance tests;
• Prepare test, product and project documentation; and
• Increase technical knowledge of products and applications via active collaboration with different stakeholders.
• Opportunities to work in the international and multicultural working environment and also to get the international experience;
• Great team to work with, a nice place to work and flexible working hours;
• Training and development – Technical trainings, internal e-learning program and language courses;
• Life insurance and contribution to the private pension fund;
• Bonus for employee referral; and
• Company and teambuilding activities.
Requirements for the employee
University education (Bachelor's degree)
University education (Master's degree)
electrical engineering, IT, applied informatics, cybernetics or robotics;
English - Advanced (C1)
Personality requirements and skills
• Minimum 3 to 4 years of related experience in industrial automation, process control or electrotechnical domain;
• Good knowledge of PLC and DCS systems;
• Knowledge of structured and object oriented programming techniques;
• Intermediate level of programming skills in C ++, Visual Basic or C#;
• Good knowledge of database technology (e.g. MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle or Informix);
• Knowledge of industrial standards and regulations (e.g. IEC 61508/61511, HAZOP, EEMUA, VDE, GAMP, ANSI/ISA);
• Strong motivation and interest in learning new technologies, working on projects and travelling on the frequent business trips to customers;
• High commitment to work, proactive approach and flexibility
• Traveling required up to 50%
Brief description of the company
Invensys Systems Slovakia, a member of Schneider Electric group since 2014, is a global technology leader in process automation and software solutions offering safety, critical and distributed control systems, measurement & instrumentation products, visualization and simulation software solutions. The marketplace knows us from our premier brands - Avantis, Eurotherm, Foxboro, Simsci-Esscor, Triconex and Wonderware.
Engineering Excellence Center has been operating in Bratislava since 2008 and employ up to 100 employees.
The center has been successfully executing engineering projects for well-known global customers in petrochemical, chemical, pharmaceutical and power industry.
Main focus of the company's activities
Invensys Systems (Slovakia) s.r.o.
821 04 Bratislava
Contact person: Oddelenie Ľudských Zdrojov
E-mail: send CV