Médecins Sans Frontières/Lékaři bez hranic is a
private international association, which provides
assistance to populations in distress either from natural
disasters, from conflict or health failure. It is one of the
largest non-profit medical humanitarian organisations with
over 25.000 people working in missions established throughout
the world. It is recognised as the leading agency in providing
medical interventions and has been awarded the Nobel peace
prize for its work.
POSITION PROFILE: Pharmacist
- Description of profile:
- Médecins Sans Frontières (Lékaři bez hranic) is an International medical and humanitarian organisation which provides assistance to populations in distress either from natural disasters, conflict or system failure. It is one of the worlds largest private international humanitarian organisations with over 25.000 people working in missions established throughout the world. It is recognised as the leading agency in providing medical interventions and has been awarded the Nobel peace prize for its work. We are continuously looking for experienced professionals from both the medical and non medical sectors and currently have a need for:
Pharmacists promote good coordinated organization of the whole medical supply chain in order to make quality drugs and medical material available. They ensure that pharmaceutical practices comply with national regulations. Pharmacists are responsible for the ordering, storage and distribution of materials for MSF projects. They are often the focal points for negotiations with government officials regarding supply chain issues. They manage one-on-one communication with patients who need treatment and are responsible for the supervision of staff who deal with the daily management of products.
• Completed pharmacy education
• Minimum of 2 years working experience, ideally in a hospital
• Knowledge of quality management
• Knowledge of storage and transportation systems for medical supplies (vaccinations / medicines)
• Knowledge of HIV and TB treatment is desirable
• Experience in teaching and coaching is very useful
• Spoken and written English (French is advantageous) to an advanced level.
• At least 9 – 12 months of availability for a mission
Details of recruitment process:
There is a comprehesive selection process for candidates applying for field based positions as we do realise that this type of work is not suitable for everyone. There are three steps that need to be completed as part of this process. These are as follows:
1. Attendance at an information evening where interested people can learn more about the organisation and its work, and speak with experienced field personnel regarding the roles. Candidates still wishing to continue in the selection process will at that time be able to access application forms.
2. Submition of application forms, cv’s and supporting documents (licenses, diplomas etc.). Following screening of these documents selected candidates will pass to the next step.
3. Written tests, Interview and Assessment centre. Candidates will attend a full day assessment centre either in Vienna after which confirmation will be given within a week as to acceptance or rejection.
Successful candidates will then be accepted to the ‘pool’ of staff available for missions and the matching process relating profiles to available field positions will then commence.
If you are interested in cooperation with us, please sign in for the information evening on http://www.lekari-bez-hranic.cz/cz/spoluprace/na_misi/prihlasit_se.php. Participation does not bind you to any cooperation.
For more information please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org, on +420 257 090 150 or visit our website http://www.lekari-bez-tehranic.cz/cz/spoluprace/na_misi/index.php.
- Lékaři bez hranic - Médecins Sans Frontières in Czech Republic, o.p.s.
Seifertova 555/47 Zobrazit na mapě
130 00 Praha 3
Contact person: Pavlína Kozelková