LEARNING MANAGER - Slovakia
Job ID: 2229321 | Amazon Czech Republic Srvcs
Who we are:
Amazon is focused on ensuring its associates can work in a safe, quality focused environment. Our learning teams are responsible for delivering and providing high quality safety compliance, process and onboarding training to ensure that our associates are set up for success.
The learning manager, in Sered, Slovakia, is a member of the leadership team within a fulfilment centre and is focused on managing the learning needs of all employees. They must have the ability and initiative to understand the business needs, analyse issues and influence solutions/outcomes. This is a team player who not only leverages his/her own team to respond effectively to a variety of training scenarios, but is able to work closely with a central EU team to effectively prioritize and deploy training programs based on customer need – from training processes at scale to ongoing leader development.
An Amazon Fulfilment Centre (FC) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAKPoAn2cB0 is a dynamic and challenging environment. You will be very close to the action and spend time on the warehouse floor with the teams who make our FCs great. Developing our people is at the heart of what we do and is needed now more than ever as we are experiencing rapid growth and we plan to keep on growing.
Key job responsibilities
Overall responsibilities include:
• Leading and developing a team of Trainers and a Learning Specialist
• End-to-end ownership of the associate and leader training programs at site: from needs analysis stage, to management and execution of training
• Creating effective partnerships with other Learning Teams within the EU to identify and share best practice
• Planning, developing and evaluating all training initiatives, in collaboration with the senior team and Amazon’s central leadership function
• Proactively identifying and deploying training/coaching solutions to address quality and productivity requirements within the FC
• Providing coaching and feedback on leadership related topics both in 121s and facilitated workshops to identify leadership, coaching and management skill development opportunities
• Bachelors degree
• Must be willing to relocate to Sered region in Slovakia
• Verbal and written fluency in both Slovak and English
• Experience of managing a team with a focus on career development and succession planning
• Ability to build collaborative relationships with a range of stakeholders
• Confidence in analysing and interpreting a range of performance metrics combined with advanced Excel skills
• Actively seeks opportunities to positively impact beyond the area of responsibility
• Ability to work in fast-paced ambiguous environments, adapting quickly to changing circumstances, processes and priorities.
• Ability and initiative to understand the business needs, analyse issues and drive solutions
• Experience of working in an operational environment
• Experience in change management and process improvement activities, designing scalable solutions and implementing these at pace and at scale
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.