Senior Manager, Tax Compliance and Tax Reporting, Europe
Brambles companies, including CHEP, help move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organisation on earth. Our 330 million pallets, crates and containers are continuously in motion, forming the invisible backbone of the global supply chain and the world’s biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, sustainably and safely. As pioneers of the sharing economy, Brambles created one of the world's most sustainable logistics businesses through the share and reuse of its platforms under a model known as ‘pooling’. Brambles primarily serves the fast-moving consumer goods (e.g. dry food, grocery, and health and personal care), fresh produce, beverage, retail and general manufacturing industries. The Group employs more than 10,000 people and operates in over 60 countries with its largest operations in North America and Western Europe. For further information, please visit www.brambles.com.
In this regional role you will be responsible for tax compliance (direct & indirect taxes) and tax reporting for all CHEP Europe operating companies. You will cooperate with countries finance teams, accountants on European level and central tax team as well as local tax advisors. You will set up tax monitoring and filling processes and ensure compliance. You will also support tax audit process too.
If you were working with us, here are some of the things you would have done last month:
- Supervise CHEP Europe’s direct and indirect tax compliance
- Ensure compliance with all tax legislation, documentation and filing requirement for entities in CHEP Europe
- Define and maintain effective tax compliance controls and process in the region for tax reporting and tax filings
- Manage the relationship with local external tax advisors with respect to tax compliance filing and in-country tax compliance
- Oversee the collection and archiving of documentation to support tax filing calculations and lodgement
- Review income tax calculations and provision, tax effect accounting entries, income tax work papers and maintenance of tax fixed asset registers prepared by controllers
- Implement transfer pricing policy for CHEP Europe in cooperation with tax central
- Assist tax central team in responding to tax audits and tax authority enquiries
- Review tax workbooks and tax submissions prepared by controllers
We want you in our team if you:
- Have 5+ years’ experience in a corporate tax compliance role on a regional level
- Understand tax accounting and tax reporting
- Have solid understanding of European tax compliance rules
- Know SAP and Excel
We are a perfect match if you additionally:
- Speak Czech, Polish, German, Dutch, Spanish or any other European language
- Understand IFRS
What we offer:
- Cafeteria system, Multisport card, meal vouchers, 3 sick days, pension scheme, additional holiday days
- Annual bonus depending on personal & company performance
- Options to purchase CHEP/Brambles shares
- 3 days paid leave for volunteering
- Currently we’re working mostly from home while our office is located at Karla Engliše 3219/4 in Anděl, Prague
Does this sound like you? Apply today and join our team!
Preferred Level of Work Experience
5 - 7 years
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as Brambles or CHEP representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. Brambles and CHEP never conduct interviews via online chat or request money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at [email protected]