HARDWARE / SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER FOR SATELLITE NAVIGATION RECEIVERS
Are you interested in satellite navigation and developing hardware/ software for GNSS receivers?
Are VHDL, SoCs and creating concepts as well as models and their implementation more than just empty phrases to you?
Then we have the right position for you!
Your tasks as Hardware / Software Development Engineer will involve
- Designing of algorithms and components for processing GPS and Galileo satellite navigation signals
- Implementing and testing algorithms and components in a hardware description language (VHDL) for FPGAs, ASICs, SoCs
- Contributing to definition of system requirements, including feedback on limitations and feasibility
- Carrying out engineering activities such as problem investigation, defect resolution and testing
What we expect from you
- Completed Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an engineering science or comparable education
- Extensive expertise in a hardware description language (VHDL/Verilog)
- Sound knowledge of embedded systems, especially Linux-based
- Programming skills in Matlab and C/C++
- Know-how in all aspects of hardware/software engineering, from requirements definition to system architecture, implementation and testing
- Good communication skills in English, German is a plus
What you can expect from us
You will have the opportunity to raise your profile in the research world by publishing your own work and participating in scientific conferences. Through your participation in diverse projects with a high level of real world applicability, you can actively help shape tomorrow's technologies. We offer an open and friendly work environment and the chance to develop your personal and professional skills through an extensive selection of training and education programs. We promote a work-life balance through flexible hours and a variety of services.
Employment, compensation and social benefits are provided in accordance with the German civil service collective bargaining agreement (TVöD). This position is initially based on a fixed-term contract. Equally-qualified applicants with severe handicaps and disabilities will be given preference.
The department Satellite Based Positioning Systems focuses on the development of receiver components and systems for satellite based localization using Global Navigation Satellite Systems – GNSS, i.e. GPS, Galileo, GLONASS and BeiDou – as well as regional systems i.e. SBAS/EGNOS, QZSS, IRNSS/NavIC.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Would you like to work for us? Then we look forward to receiving your application! Please submit all documents (cover letter, CV, references) in PDF format with the reference number IIS-2018-76 to Andrea Dragon
Job Reference: IIS-2018-76