SOFTWARE DESIGNER (M/F) FOR EMBEDDED SYSTEMS
Are you keen on satellite navigation and developing embedded system software?
Then we have the right job for you!
You develop embedded system software for satellite navigation receivers and design and implement real-time embedded software solutions that meet the system requirements. Further tasks are contributing to the definition of system requirements, including feedback on limitations and feasibility and carrying out engineering activities such as problem investigation, defect resolution and testing.
What we expect from you
- Degree in an engineering science or comparable education
- Extensive expertise in programming in C/C++
- Sound knowledge of embedded systems, especially Linux-based
- Know-how in all aspects of software engineering, from requirements definition to system architecture, implementation and testing
- Knowledge in the satellite navigation area, digital signal processing, VHDL is advantageous
- Good communication skills in English, German is a plus
What you can expect from us
- Creative freedom when conducting research
- Chance for personal development through training and education opportunities
- Flexible hours and specific programs designed to promote a work-life balance
- Equal opportunity employment
The department Satellite Based Positioning Systems focuses on the development of receiver components and systems for satellite based localization using Global Navigation Satellite Systems – GNSS, i.e. GPS, Galileo, GLONASS and BeiDou – as well as regional systems i.e. SBAS/EGNOS, QZSS, IRNSS/NavIC.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Employment, salary and benefits are provided in line with the German civil service pay scale (TVöD). The duration of the employment agreement is initially limited to two years. When selecting from a pool of applicants with equivalent qualifications, Fraunhofer IIS gives preference to those with disabilities.
Would you like to work for us? Then we look forward to receiving your application! Please submit all documents (cover letter, CV, references) in PDF format with the reference number IIS-2018-75 to Andrea Dragon
Job Reference: IIS-2018-75