Děkujeme za pochopení.
Zobrazit podobné nabídky
Transmission Design & Implementation Engineer – DWDM
Prague, Czech Republic
The Transmission Engineering team is responsible for implementing the network strategy, planning, design and integration.
Maintaining, reviewing, and implementing architectural and functional changes within the Transmission Network. Ownership of projects for the proper functioning of all Transmission systems within lifetime including the deploymnet, maintenance, support, upgrade, patching, and retirement of such systems. Proactively reviewing current architecture and capabilities, testing and evaluating new Transmission technologies, and implementing improvements.
The team maintains a high level of technical Transmission proficiency and function as a escalation (3rd Line Support) point for complex issues and advanced troubleshooting as well as design solution implementations; which will involve managing vendor relationships and coordinating and cooperating with field and operations staff across the Network.
The other processes the Transmission Engineering is actively involved are Capacity Planning, Stock Management, Bid Support, Release To Operation and Records
This role is to support the development, design and implementation of the transmission Network. Ranging from the definition of overall strategy, architecture and interfaces to the other technical departments, trough to equipment evaluation for selection and subsequent network introduction and implementation.Responsibilities:
- To support pre-sale process providing technical expertise within and out of the transmission products.
- To perform capacity check and engineer technical solution for potential customers.
- To support network design or design required transmission solutions in response to Network Capacity and Customer demands
- To implements and integrate designed transmission solutions.
- To control proper implementation of transmission project and their handover to operations
- To define the target technical architecture for the Transport network, and to put in place project plans to implement the architecture.
- Maintain capacity overhead in transmission systems with plans to support rapid turn-up of additional bandwidth.
- To maintain awareness of deploying industry standards, technologies and products with a view to and report on their expected impact on the network
- To work with operation groups, product development and engineering teams to ensure that network and customer requirements are fully understood, captured, designed and implemented.
- To design customer circuits and integrate network solutions according to received tasks
- To execute all other tasks assigned by line manager
- Strong DWDM/L2/SDH design experience in System Integrator/network provider.
- Strong knowledge of overall telecoms infrastructure such as Dark Fibre, CoLo, Metro, Local Access and managed services such as DWDM, SDH, OPN, ETH transport.
- Experience in Network Operations
A demonstrable understanding of some of the following:
- Knowledge of Infinera DWDM technology (DTN/DTNX/FLEX)
- Knowledge of CIENA DWDM technology (6500/ CN4200)
- Knowledge of Alcatel DWDM technology
- Knowledge of SYNC/DCN
- Familiar with System/Platform migrations
- Familiarity with MPLS VPNs, QoS, Ethernet (VPLS), Routing/Switching technologies, WAN optimization technologies
MSc Computing/Electronics/Maths/Physics or equivalent qualification in Data & Telecommunications and/or significant on the job knowledge and subsequent
Vendor accreditations an advantage
Familiar with ITIL an advantage
- Multi-skilled – must have worked in technical roles and be equally adept at multiple skills including METRO, CORE optimization.
- Excellent communicator, verbally, graphically, and written
- Self-motivated, self-starter, self-assured (but can take direction when required)
- Excellent attention to detail and thinks objectively.
- Open mind to different approaches to service development and deployment
- Able to work under pressure and on own initiative
- Able to resolve problems quickly and accurately
- Positive and approachable
- Able to demonstrate a high level of trustworthiness