Field Support Engineer - IT
About HCL Technologies
· HCL Technologies is a next-generation global technology company that helps enterprises reimagine their businesses for the digital age.
· Our technology products and services are built on four decades of innovation, with a world-renowned management philosophy, a strong culture of invention and risk-taking, and a relentless focus on customer relationships.
· Through its worldwide network of R&D facilities and co-innovation labs, global delivery capabilities, and over 150,000+ ‘Ideapreneurs’ across 49 countries, HCL delivers holistic services across industry verticals to leading enterprises, including 250 of the Fortune 500 and 650 of the Global 2000.
· HCL offers an integrated portfolio of products and services through three business units. These are IT and Business Services (ITBS), Engineering and R&D Services (ERS), and Products and Platforms (P&P)
· Our holistic Mode 1-2-3 strategy forms the backbone of these three business units to help enterprises navigate the digital age with ease. It is the core aspect of our ‘Digital Enterprise 4.0’ focus – aimed at offering holistic services to our clients to meet the technology needs of their present while readying them to be future-ready.
HCL in Germany
· HCL in Europe began in 1999 with offices in UK, Germany, Austria, Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, etc.
· Strong Double-digit growth in terms of revenues and headcount over the last 5 years
· HCL positioned in 10 top IT companies
· Around 1600+ resources in Germany alone; 85% German speaking
· 7 Offices and local Delivery / local Innovation Centers:
o Offices: Eschborn, Munich, Gifhorn, Hamburg, Ingolstadt
o Local Delivery Center: Gifhorn
o Innovation Center: Eschborn
· Significant investments into the German market, incl.:
o Strategic acquisition - strengthening our local delivery and creating more value to our customers (H&D, Geometric, C3i)
o Driving innovations – first HCL Innovation Center in Germany opened in September 2019
· Leading IT Services company in Germany by Lünendonk & Hossenfelder, a German consulting and market research company
Responsibilities Include (not limited to):
- Provide Install Move Add Change (IMAC), Break-Fix and end user support activities as required.
- Stage, Build and Image systems with standard client image (aka eCore).
- Complete special projects as requested by ORGANON.
- Provides technical training to more junior employees.
- Perform data collection/preservation activities as they relate to migrations and/or eDiscovery.
- Where required, provide support for the Manufacturing "Shop Floor'' handhelds, laptops and scanner devices.
Required Skills:· Strong Communication Skills.
· Strong Analytic / Troubleshooting Skills.
· Strong understanding of MS Windows Operating Systems.
· Strong working knowledge of MS Office and basic business application.
· Strong Customer Support Skills.
· Minimum 2 years desk side support services
· A+, MCP, MCSE or equivalent certification desired.
· Basic knowledge of networks, telecom and compute/storage.
· Advanced knowledge of MacOS and mobile device support.
- Environment to Grow
- Competitive Salary