Work abroad in HR/Finance for humanitarian organization
Lékaři bez hranic/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, exclusion from healthcare and natural disasters. MSF operates in more than 70 countries worldwide with more than 2,500 international and 29,000 national staff in the field. In 1999 MSF was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
POSITION PROFILE: Work abroad in HR/Finance for humanitarian organization
Description of profile:
Have you ever thought of doing a challenging job abroad? Would you like to use your professional skills to improve somebody’s life? Are you willing to leave your family for several months to go and work in a developing country? If you answered “yes” to at least one of these questions, read further!
In order to provide medical care to our patients effectively, we need staff to manage the administrative side of projects (particularly human resources and finance) so that our doctors have everything they need to do their job. WE ARE LOOKING FOR experienced professionals with a background in HR/FINANCE.
► The HR part of the job is to manage the HR aspects of the entire mission within a country, including HR planning and optimization, reporting, and managing local and expat staff. Other tasks include adherence to labor and law regulations, monthly payroll, and internal staff regulations.
► The finance part of the job is to manage the finances for the entire mission within a country, including proper accounting, budget planning and monitoring, fund transfers, and financial reporting to headquarters.
• Completed training in finance, business, or human resources
• At least 2 years of work experience in a relevant field (HR, finance, or administration)
• Very good knowledge of English essential, other languages (in particular French) are a major advantage
• Willing to work in potentially unstable environments and adhere to security rules
• Available to leave for a mission of 6 to 12 months
• Working contract for the duration of the assignment with a monthly gross salary of 1,050 EUR
• Demanding but also very rewarding work
• Working as part of a multicultural team
• Coverage of all mission-related costs (travel, accommodation, insurance)
• Professional and personal enrichment
1. Attendance at an information evening where you can learn more about the organization and its work, and speak with experienced field personnel regarding the roles in the field. You may then submit your application.
2. If your application passes the initial screening, you will be invited for a written test in the Prague office.
3. If you pass the test, you will be invited to take part in an interview and assessment in our Vienna office.
If you are interested in working for MSF, please sign up for the information evening/online webinar on http://www.lekari-bez-hranic.cz/cz/informacni-vecery.
For further information please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, call +420 257 090 155, or visit our website at www.lekari-bez-hranic.cz/cz/prace-v-terenu.