Děkujeme za pochopení.
Zobrazit podobné nabídky
Senior Network Specialist
CZE - Prague 5
Job Type Full Time
The enterprise Information Technology field is rapidly changing. The explosion of data tied to the ubiquity of digital technologies and services available to consumers is changing the expectations of senior leaders, employees, customers and patients. People want access to information, everywhere, on any device, anytime. These challenges require IT to significantly uplift its technology assets and skillsets to speed up and drive the changes. To address this challenge, IT has established a three hub model in Singapore, Branchburg and Prague to provide a follow-the-sun operational model leveraging networked teams that can better support the business, the patients and make the crosswork between different departments and regions more and more agile.
The Senior Network Specialist is required to support the planning, implementation and deployment phases of complex projects, in line with IT strategies of Network and Unified Communication divisions. The main technologies operated by the team include, but are not limited to, LAN, WAN, Wireless, Load Balancers, Network Acceleartion, DNS. A strong ability to collaborate with stakeholders across Managed partners, IT functional groups and Business is also required on a daily basis. We are looking for someone who is capable of working in a dynamic global environment operating in a 24/7 follow the sun model, with a broad understanding of Data Network technology areas as well as wide exposure to complex global network infrastructure setup. The candidate will need to prove a strong technical skillset, good leadership qualities, strong communication and project management skills.
- To support and promote the overall quality status of the managed services and ensure compliance to optimal service levels according to the highest standards provided by the Engineering Teams.
- To act as the highest technical escalation point in all the technology areas managed by the team.
- To Troubleshoot complex network issues escalated to the team with Incidents on a world-wide scale. To Handle post-incident analysis and Long Term Remdiation actions.
- To handle confidently the escalation process up to Executive levels within the company.
- Will be directly responsible for implementing Network projects and also supervise projects being implemented by the Managed Services provider.
- To work with technical teams and business teams when developing standardized network solution and communication plans to provide an optimal end user experience.
- To adhere to project management and ITIL best practices and methodologies across projects and service delivery while meeting time-lines, budgets and business deliverables.
- To ensure new tools, devices, platforms are properly put in production by following standard processes.
- To be involved in global & regional initiatives and duties based on Management and Business requirements .
- To Coach, mentor and motivate others in the team.
- To manage vendors and drive deliverables to meet target dates.
Travel: 10% - 15%
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
We are seeking professionals with the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Education: MSc Degree or BSc Degree or equivalent with relevant experience in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, Math, or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years in providing technical operation support and service delivery in the Data Network area
- 3-5 years experience as a Tier3 engineer in an Enterprise level NOC
- Wide experience with Cisco and F5 technologies
- Good knowledge of ITIL processes or similar best practices (Eg; Change, Incident, Problem management)
- Proven experience in troubleshooting and fixing complex networking issues.
- Strong working knowledge in the following areas;
- Routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Traffic classification and prioritization (QoS)
- Traffic optimization (Cisco WAAS, Riverbed)
- SDN (Cisco ACI and Cisco SD-Wan), DMVPN
- Data Center technologies (OTV, Fabric Path, VDC, VPC, Load Balancing)
- Cloud Networking (AWS & Azure)
- Monitoring and reporting tool such as or similar to (example ServONE,NetBrain)
- DNS/DHCP via DDI tools like Infoblox
- Experience with scripting and DevOps tools and languages (e.g. Python, GitHub, Gluware, Ansible Tower, etc.)
- Experience with Global IT operations with a follow-the-sun support model
- Ability to work independently and to deliver projects effectively
- The Cisco CCNP certification or similarly proven expertice is a must
- Industry recognized certifications such as CCIE and PMP are a very welcome plus
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills within a matrix organization
- Proven people management skills are a very welcome plus
- Fully professional proficiency in English language in both verbal and written forms is a must
- Being able to work under pressure with limited supervision is required
- Ability to create positive relationships at all levels across different groups & teams.
- Being Able to review priorities and adjust them autonomously and quickly, alongwith working on tight deadlines is a must.
- Proven experience with working across technical and business teams to achieve common objectives and good customer experience.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today