Monitoring Senior Developer
CZE - Prague 5
Job Type Full Time
The Monitoring Senior Developer will be responsible for enhancing current Monitoring tool portfolio through customisation, automation. Another responsibility is to provide tier 3 engineering and operational support for the platform with an emphasis on problem investigations, engineering new solutions to address stakeholder requirements.
The position responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Provide tier 3 (Engineering level) support for operations of the platform for monitoring tools like SevOne, Moogsoft and Dynatrace.
- Develop new solutions to address customer needs using native tool capabilities or develop fully customized solution and creating respective documentation.
- Develop integrations between Monitoring tools and other software using API.
- Coordination of Problem Investigations (includes documenting)
- Supporting Vendor Management (all related vendors)
- Consult on any proposed utilization of platform
- Contribute to and execute on defined release strategy for the platform
- Evaluation of routine operation tasks and automating them in controled manner.
- Responsible for documentation of all procedures to support the development, deployment and use of the platform.
- Contribute to the platform architecture designing
Required Experience and Skills:
- Solid knowledge of Infrastructure, Network and Cloud monitoring concepts
- 4+ years of experience with software development. Prefered experience in one of the following tools - SevOne, Moogsoft, Dynatrace
- Proactive problem solver, strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze complex requirements and define technical/functional advanced solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic understanding and administration of relational databases
- Agile development metodologies and tool sets (e.g. JIRA, Bitbucket, Jenkins)
Education: BS in Computer Science or Engineering field (or equivalent experience)
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Understanding of basic operational concepts of Servers (Windows/Linux/Unix), Network (Switches, Routers, DNS, etc.) and Cloud (AWS, Microsoft Azure)
- Project leading skills
- Knowledge of Unix / Linux commands
- ITIL Foundation v3 or newer
- Knowledge of Ansible
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today