CZE - Prague
Job Type Full Time
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Provide engineering expertise for existing/new DDI implementations, cloud environment integrations, project designs, and standards development
- Provide Tier 4 escalation troubleshooting, investigation and problem solving skills, with the ability to quickly identify and mitigate DDI problems
- Assist T1 – T3 teams with advanced DDI administrative services
- Understanding of Global Enterprise Networking environments and ability to contribute to cross-functional technology deployments.
- Evaluate, test, and deploy new DDI related technologies and solutions
- Partner with the InfoSec teams to assess potential exposure to vulnerabilities, identify mitigation plans and ensure compliance, while following relevant best practices
- Develop, monitor, and report the appropriate metrics to measure DDI performance and availability and to identify necessary improvements in policies and procedures
- Work closely with cross-functional teams across multiple disciplines to gather and define DDI automation and integration requirements
- The individual must have the technical and leadership skills to engineer and deliver these services worldwide.
- Lead in region discussions with stakeholders over requirements and demand.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- MSc Degree or BSc Degree or equivalent with relevant experience in Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Expert level enterprise DNS/DHCP and IPAM (DDI) architecture, management and support experience
- Experience with Infoblox suite of products
- Proficiency in Linux management and scripting
- Experience with private cloud integration (AWS, Azure)
- Proficiency with NTP and clock management
- Solid knowledge of Network Infrastructure, design, TCP/IP and networking protocols
- Ability to develop detailed process and procedure documentation
- Ability to continually acquire new skills
- Ability to accomplish objectives while working collectively with the Global team, IT divisional teams, country IT departments and business teams
- Demonstrates both tactical as well as strategic thinking and creative problem solving
- Excellent English written and verbal communications skills
- Good negotiation and presentation skills
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Experience supporting Anycast DNS
- Industry recognized certifications such as CCIE
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today