Devops systems engineer
Vršovická 1527, Prague 10-Vršovice, Czechia
Information about the position
V čem je práce v Tescu speciální?
HOW IS WORKING IN THE IT TEAM SPECIAL?
The growth of internet shopping, mobile and convenience is changing the way our customers shop. We are always ready for digital challenges that will drive changes and deliver value. We accomplish this by building great products that will make difference to millions of customers and colleagues across the globe.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Systems Engineer for Data Platforms you are an integral part of Tesco Technology's Data and Analytics team. You have accountability for the engineering excellence of the data platform, realising this from the current state and evolving engineering practices to meet the changing demand.
You use your technical breadth and depth to build and operate mission-critical systems at scale inspiring engineering community you interact with.
Successfully transforming the way we build and operate platforms, allowing SW engineering platform consumers to focus on value-added work will be a key activity.
- Establishing and sharing engineering excellence for data platforms
- Building the data platforms to transform them without impact to existing levels of service
- Designing solutions that will operate at scale with high availability and automation at its core
- Ability to produce High-Level Documentation for designed solutions
- Introduce automation to all aspects of my day to day work. Focusing in CI/CD pipelines and Infrasctructure as Code
- Contribute to the Roadmap in owned technology area
- Architect, design and deliver solutions end to end, using automation and DevOps principles
- Contributing to the technical direction of the team and strongly influencing decisions regarding, continuous delivery and continuous integration
- Keep your technical skills up to date and keep track of new technologies
- Technical skills as appropriate to specialism Agile and DevOps environments
- Ability to work and develop Open-Source projects, implement and support it at enterprise level
- Strong technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills with Linux (CentOS/RHEL) & Azure
- Substantial experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher and DevOps Tools
- Experience with automation tooling and coding such as python, Terraform, Ansible and Infrastructure as Code in general
- Strong engineering operations experience, including networking troubleshooting and common monitoring patterns (Prometheus, Grafana and Splunk)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to relay technical content to colleagues of varying backgrounds
YOU WILL ENJOY WORKING WITH US BECAUSE WE CAN OFFER YOU:
FLEXIBILITY– We know how important work life balance is. We respect the needs of our colleagues and offer them flexible start and finish at work and home offices.
CAREER AND PERSONAL GROWTH– For us this is not just an empty phrase. We support our colleagues in their career and personal growth, since we are an international company with many opportunities.
COLLECTIVE– Relationships among colleagues are important to us, thus we support and organise team spirit activities, including sport, teambuilding and other social events for our employees.
CAFETERIA- With this benefit system you can choose from a broad range of benefits how you would like to spend your credit in your free time. Based on your preferences you can choose from sports, relaxation, beauty-based and educational options!
OTHER BENEFITS- Laptop, mobile phone, meal vouchers, Multisport card, Tesco shopping discounts, Being.Well programme activities (fruit and healthy snacks, competitions etc.)
Join our team and help us with building one of the biggest brands in the retail industry!
Let us know you are interested by pushing the
Corporate recreational facilities
Educational courses, training
Meal tickets / catering allowance
Occasional work from home
Flexible start/end of working hours
Contribution to sport / culture / leisure
Discount on company products / services
Bez čeho se neobejdete?
Candidates with education suit the position
E-mail: send CV