Děkujeme za pochopení.
Zobrazit podobné nabídky
As a tertiary care university hospital with around 1,300 beds, our 6,000 staff in 26 medical departments and 23 institutes and specialist centres care for 225,000 patients per year. We provide medical care, state-of-the-art diagnostics and comprehensive treatment to the very highest international standards. Added to this is an extensive range of activities in research and teaching at a level competitive with those anywhere else in the world
The Department of Particle Therapy at the West German Proton Therapy Center Essen (WPE) has an immediate vacancy for a full-time
Consultant proton therapy physician
(remuneration scale “Ä 3 TV-Ärzte” (physicians) – permanent)
The classification is dependent upon personal and collective bargaining requirements. As well as the customary activities expected of a consultant, you will be responsible for clinical aspects relating to one or more tumour entities as well as the development of treatment programs and scientific studies within the context of proton therapy.The Department of Particle Therapy at the West German Proton Therapy Centre Essen (WPE) offers:
- state-of-the-art radiotherapy using protons to combat tumours
- proton therapy system is equipped with three gantries, one fixed beam and one eye treatment station
- it is optimized for outpatient, image-guided precision radiotherapy using protons
- clinical/technical refinement is one of WPE's explicit goals, in addition to expanding the indication range and treatment capacity
- conducting studies is therefore an important part of our overall treatment strategy
- recognition as a specialist physician in the field of radiotherapy and a completed doctorate are essential requirements. Applicants should have in-depth knowledge of image-guided precision radiotherapy and / or experience in particle therapy (preferable, but not mandatory). Particle therapy skills may be acquired at the centre. An interest in clinical research is expressly preferred. There will be an opportunity for post-doctoral habilitation.
We treat patients mainly from Germany, but a large percentage also comes from abroad. For this reason, a good command of (at least) English is required; German would be an advantage, but can be learned by taking language tuition offered at the centre. For purposes of patient care, a medical practitioner's license issued under German Medical Association rules is required.
Secondary employment and part-time working arrangements are governed by the Tertiary Education Part-Time Employment Regulations of the state of North-Rhine Westphalia.
Severely disabled applicants and individuals treated as such under Sect. 2 Para. 3 of the German Social Security Code (Vol. IX) shall be given preference, all else being equal.
The University of Duisburg-Essen aims to increase the percentage of women in its scientific and academic staff. Applications from females are strongly encouraged. Where suitability, aptitude and professional performance are equal, preference is given to women where reasons prevailing in the person of the competitor do not mitigate otherwise.
The vacancies offered are essentially also suitable for part-time employees.
Please submit your detailed application documents within 2 weeks of publication of this advertisement, quoting advertisement number 506, to
Prof. Dr. Beate Timmermann, Director Department of Particle Therapy
Department of Particle Therapy
West German Proton Therapy Center Essen (WPE) University Hospital
Essen, Hufelandstraße 55, 45147 Essen, Germany